Saturday, April 07, 2007

Andrew Collins... You Will Be Missed

I listen to BBC - BBC Asian Network, BBC7, 6Music and occasionally Radio 4. It started because I couldn't stand the monotony of my job. A little music, I thought was better than other options because I could do two things at once. Work and listen. You can't really work and talk to your only friend on Instant Messenger at the same time like one of my ex-coworkers would do. Andrew Collins' was the first show I listened to. He used to do the late afternoon slot which was late morning for me. Good music, intelligent conversation and funny anecdotes. They moved his timeslot to weekends where he would do two shorter shows, rather than five 3-hour weekday slots. And now that's over too. At first I thought that the BBC had decided not to renew his contract, because there are whole lot of others who left 6 at the same time, but it seems that Andrew is a man of many interests and had decided to try something a little different now. He's writing, and blogging about stuff like movies, and theatre. See his blog here. I don't know if I'll go back to 6music anymore - I can't listen at work and Phil Jupitus is gone as well.

No comments: