Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Finally

I've been out of action for the last little while, partly because I've been looking for a new job but also because I'm still a little bit in shock after learning that Fuckstress and Fireangel are the same person. I had an inkling, but I wanted to believe that they were two different people.

Anyway, I haven't been to see any new movies lately, although I did go to see The Animation Show by Mike Judge and Don Hertzfeldt at one of those "members only" theatres with some friends after a potluck. I brought rugelach. The shorts were all well done, my favourite was Rabbit by Run Wrake only because there was a brown bunny that used to hop around the parking lot at my old job, and I saw the film the day after I got fired. The above photo reminds me of No Neck Joe, a character by Craig McCracken featured in the old Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation. Good times.

After months of anticipation, Ali has finally set a date for her and Foxy to come to New Jersey, permanent like. Sometime toward the end of October, they will be coming with Mrs. K. and she is not happy about it. She would rather be staying in Manhattan where there are more shops to visit. We made concession after concession: At one point she was going to stay with Genya, but that wasn't practical. Eventually, she agreed to stay in Newark with Ali and me, as long as she got the master bedroom. So I'll be roughing it in the den, just trying to keep out of my mother-in-law's way. At least Foxy will be here before Thanksgiving.

Some weeks ago, I happened to mention to Ali that I didn't care how much the tickets cost, as long as she got here as soon as possible. Well, she decided not to come as soon as possible but still book three first class tickets (1 round trip). I know that was not a miscommunication. I probably should have made myself a little more clear. Too late now, she had my credit card number.

I got Foxy to watch me on Skype today. Actually, I got her to watch Pooh Bear on Skype today. Apparently, she knows about Pooh and likes to watch the funny man shake a Pooh Bear rattle in front of the camera. At least I think she liked it, she definitely paid attention to it - the rattle, not the funny man.

No comments: